In addition to accepting the Code of Conduct for all attendees, speakers must agree to our rules for speaking. Failure to follow these rules will result in disqualification for speaking at GHC.
Views expressed by speakers at GHC are their own and do not represent AnitaB.org or the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC).
- All speakers must register for the conference. If you are unable to speak after confirming your participation, inform AnitaB.org as soon as possible.
- All speakers commit to presenting as scheduled by ABI.
- Speakers must arrive to their assigned room 30 minutes before their session begins.
- Speakers must discuss the work for which they were selected to present. Any handouts you provide to attendees must be directly relevant to the session topic and your work.
- Speakers may not use their scheduled talk to promote irrelevant agendas.
- Speakers may not hand out promotional materials before, during or after their session. All promotional material must be distributed at their company’s booths.
- Speakers may not bring company swag into the session room with the intent of distribution. Swag may only be distributed at the speaker’s company’s booth.
Specific Session Types
All track sessions (this excludes the Student Opportunity Lab and Poster Session)
- Slide Template: Use the AnitaB.org designed PowerPoint template with the GHC 2016 theme, available here. You must use this template in its entirety for your panels, presentations and handouts. You may add your company logo as long as you don’t remove our GHC 2016 logos.
- Speaker Ready Room: Before you speak at GHC, you must submit your presentation slides into our Speaker Ready Room system, which will allow us to have your items ready to go upon your arrival. More information about this will be posted this summer.
- Audio/Visual Information: AnitaB.org will provide a LCD projector, projector screen, lectern, wired lectern microphone, two wireless handheld microphones and one standing microphone for Q&A. Onsite Audio/Visual requests cannot be accommodated.
Student Opportunity Lab (SOL)
- Time: You must keep your presentation under 20 minutes. SOL rotates each session every 20 minutes, so you will not be able to go over the session time frame.
- Occupancy: There are only ten people per table per session. According to fire marshal rules, you cannot exceed this limit.
- Location: You must present at your assigned table. A map of your location will be provided onsite.
- Handouts: AnitaB.org will not provide any material for your session. You are responsible for printing and bringing any materials you plan to distribute.
- Speaker Ready Room: SOL presenters do NOT need to upload presentations to the Speaker Ready Room system.
- Audio/Visual Information: Due to the nature of SOL, speakers do NOT have access to any audio/visual aids for their presentation.
- Posters and space: Posters cannot be larger than 4′x4′. You may organize your space any way you prefer. For instance, you might want to use a single large page format, or you could choose to have a number of separate pages posted in the space. Your poster will be displayed on a 4’x8’ corkboard space, shared with another presenter. AnitaB.org will provide pushpins.
- Location: You must present at your assigned space only. A map of your location will be provided onsite.
- Presenters: Only one presenter per poster. You will receive a special ribbon at badge pickup to allow you to enter the exhibit hall for setup your poster before the session begins. You may chose to leave your poster up until the last day of the career fair (usually early afternoon on Friday).
- Audio/Visual Information: AnitaB.org will not have power or audio/visual equipment available for the poster presenters.
- ACM-Student Research Competition (ACM-SRC): Please check the session format for specifics about this competition.