As an AnitaB.org partner, your organization has the opportunity to participate in the Technical Executive Forum (TEF), an annual, invitation-only event in conjunction with the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) for C-Suite technical executives. TEF provides a safe space for executive-level participants to connect, be inspired, and drive action in creating company cultures which leverage diversity for innovation. In 2017, 180 executives from 67 organizations participated in TEF in Orlando, Florida. The 2018 TEF nomination process is open until April 11, 2018, 5 p.m. PT.
Each AnitaB.org partner can submit technical executive nominations at their corresponding partnership levels. Partners with representation on the AnitaB.org Board of Trustees (BOT) should work with their board member to select an appropriate-level peer nominee.
|Level of Partnership||# of C-Suite Executives Nominated||# of D&I Executives Nominated*||Total # of Nominations Allowed**|
*Each AnitaB.org partner company can nominate a D&I C-level executive as one of their TEF nominees, but not as their primary TEF nominee. The intent of a technical executive and D&I executive pairing is to better enable these complementary elements of technical and business perspectives with D&I expertise and execution. It will allow these executives the opportunity to better collaborate post TEF and GHC participation to create positive change for advancing and retaining women technologists.
**The allocated number of executives allowed from each partner company does not include AnitaB.org BOT members and TEF Organizing Committee members. Both receive separate invites to TEF and do not need to complete the TEF nomination process. The maximum number of executives from any one AnitaB.org partner company should not exceed five.
Nominate influential executives who can make critical change for the retention and advancement of women technologists.
Nominees should have the following credentials:
- Ability and willingness to influence their organizations in retaining and advancing women technologists.
- Demonstrated commitment to leveraging diversity for innovation.
- C-Suite executives (CEO/President/COO, CTO, CIO, Chief Scientist or their direct reports including business line leaders such as EVPs, SVPs Engineering and General Managers with P&L responsibility).
- D&I executives have to be a C-level person such as the Chief People Officer, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, CHRO, or CDO.
Nomination Due Date
TEF nominations are due by April 11, 2018, 5 p.m PT. We will review the nominee’s information to ensure a fit with the program goals, and may request additional information. We will send invitations for TEF to qualified nominees in late April. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Important dates and deadlines to provide nominations and invitation RSVPs:
- March 6: Request for nominations open.
- Mid-March: Nomination reminders sent.
- April 11: Nominations close.
- Late April: Invitations sent to qualified nominees.
- Mid-May: RSVP and registration reminder sent.
- June 22: Deadline to register.
Note: Invitations are for current AnitaB.org partners at the time of the nomination process. The invitation is contingent upon remaining an AnitaB.org partner in good standing.