In addition to accepting the Code of Conduct for all attendees, speakers must agree to our rules for speaking. Failure to follow these rules will result in disqualification for speaking at GHC.
Views expressed by speakers at GHC are their own and do not represent AnitaB.org or the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC).
- All speakers must register for GHC. If you are unable to speak after confirming your participation, complete the speaker change request form or inform AnitaB.org as soon as possible if you will not have a substitute.
- All speakers commit to presenting as scheduled by AnitaB.org.
- Speakers must arrive to their assigned room 30 minutes before their session begins.
- Speakers must discuss the work for which they were selected to present. Any handouts you provide to attendees must be directly relevant to the session topic and your work.
- Speakers may not use their scheduled talk to promote irrelevant agendas.
- Speakers may not hand out promotional materials before, during, or after their session.
- All promotional material must be distributed at their company’s booths.
- Speakers may not bring company swag into the session room with the intent of distribution. Swag may only be distributed at the speaker’s company booth in the Expo Hall.
Specific Session Types
All track sessions (this excludes Mentoring Circles and Poster Session)
- Slide Template: Use AnitaB.org designed PowerPoint template with the GHC 18 theme. You must use this template in its entirety for your panels, presentations and handouts. You may add your company logo as long as you don’t remove our GHC 18 logos.
- Audio/Visual Information: AnitaB.org will provide an LCD projector, projector screen, lectern, wired lectern microphone, two wireless handheld microphones, and one standing microphone for Q&A. Onsite Audio/Visual requests cannot be accommodated.
Mentoring Circles (formerly Student Opportunity Lab)
- Time: You must keep your presentation under 20 minutes. Mentoring Circles rotate each session every 20 minutes, so you will not be able to go over the session time frame.
- Occupancy: There are only ten people per table per session. According to fire marshal rules, you cannot exceed this limit.
- Location: You must present at your assigned table. A map of table will be provided onsite.
- Handouts: AnitaB.org will not provide any material for your session. You are responsible for printing and bringing any materials you plan to distribute. No swag is allowed.
- Speaker Ready Room: Presenters for the Mentoring Circles do NOT need to upload presentations to the Speaker Ready Room system.
- Audio/Visual: Due to the nature of the Mentoring Circles, speakers do NOT have access to any audio/visual aids for their presentation.
- Posters and space: Posters cannot be larger than 45″ x 37″. You may organize your space any way you prefer. For instance, you might want to use a single large page format, or you could choose to have a number of separate pages posted in the space. Your poster will be displayed on a 90″ x 37″ corkboard space, shared with another presenter.
- Location: You must present at your assigned space only. A map of your location will be provided onsite.
- Presenters: Only one presenter per poster.
- Setting up: You must set up your poster at the designated time and day (TBD). AnitaB.org will provide pushpins.
- Audio/Visual Information: AnitaB.org will not have power or audio/visual equipment available for the poster presenters.
- ACM-Student Research Competition (ACM-SRC): All rules above also apply to the ACM-SRC poster presenters. The competition will happen in two rounds: the first round is on Wednesday and the second round is on Thursday. Winners are announced on Friday. Please check the ACM-SRC website for specifics about this competition.