We are thrilled to announce our inaugural Technology Showcase at the 2018 Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 18)! The Technology Showcase is a unique opportunity to exhibit your products and services at the GHC Expo. This year, we are expecting 20,000 attendees, all of whom are eager to connect with you through this new platform. As our valued sponsor, your participation will contribute greatly to the technology discourse and help inspire solutions for the betterment of society. Ignite the creative spark in our women technologists this GHC!
Technology Showcase Theater
Do you have a new product you would like to share with our attendees? Are you looking for a diverse audience to test out your latest ideas and technology roadmap? Whether you are a Fortune 500 company or Silicon Valley’s hottest start-up, the Technology Showcase Theater will shine the spotlight on your latest products, research, and innovative breakthroughs.
The theater is expected to be a top draw at this year’s Expo. Presenting in the Technology Showcase Theater is an exclusive benefit to our Technology Showcase sponsors. Each sponsor has the option to present for 15 minutes. Your talk can be combined with product demonstrations. The scheduled presentations will be promoted as part of the Grace Hopper Celebration agenda on our website and GHC mobile app.
Technology Showcase Presentations
All presentations will occur in the Technology Showcase Theater.
- Nitsan Ben-Gal Nguyen, Data Scientist
- Kari Ingebritsen, Digital Systems Architect
Presentation Title: Electrons + Molecules: Combining Digital Innovation & Materials Science
They say that the world is immutable, and we must develop algorithms that work with the world around us. At 3M, that’s not the case. We develop materials and products for every industry and every part of life, and our technologists work hand in hand with materials scientists to create innovations for the digital age. We’ll show you recent and upcoming 3M technologies combining software and materials expertise that illustrate how we’re making lives safer, healthier, and easier.
Thursday, September 27 | 4:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. (Repeat)
- Cami Williams, Alexa Evangelist
Products: Audible, Amazon Music, Prime Air, AWS, and Twitch
Presentation Title: Alexa, let’s talk: Abandoning design principles to build better conversational experiences
This talk offers a quick deep dive into the technical complexities of achieving personable conversation in technology. It kicks off with a high-level overview of the history of design in technology, highlighting what we have learned over the years in developing for a screen. Then, we will establish new best practices for a voice-first design using the Alexa Skills Kit, contrasting with GUI design principles.
- Eliza Tam, Director, Global Head of Specialized Infrastructure
- Cecilia Kan, Vice President, OTC Clearing Change Programme Manager
- Mounika Garlapati, Analyst, FPGA Engineer
- Mong-Mong Peng, Associate Vice President, SM&D Equities Technology
Presentation Title: Join us to learn about FinTech with Barclays Electronic trading
Blockchain. Automation. Big data. Cybersecurity. These are all critically
important to investment banks like Barclays. Working at the intersection of technology
and finance requires the smartest, most creative technologists. Are you one of them? Come to our event and find out.
- Shane Prochnow, Reservoir Characterization Advisor
- Yuanbo Lin, C&D Petroleum Engineer
Presentation Title: Chevron’s EPIC
Chevron introduces innovative approaches in recognition of the efforts adopted by the Permian Unconventional Factory called the Enhanced Pay Integrated Curve (EPIC). EPIC is a pioneering methodology that robustly links key petrophysical reservoir characteristics with long-term well production using a predictive data analytic approach. Previous approaches to pay characterization either focused on hydrocarbon storage or relied only on inferential relationship to well productivity. EPIC is a derivative of multivariate machine learning predictive analytics that identifies the leading and statistically significant geologic variables that account for differences in long-term well production. Pay cutoffs are interpreted from geologic independent variable trend analysis. Insightful EPIC pay cutoff criteria are generated for each target zone and are optimized for both basin-wide and more localized regions that are focused on active development areas. EPIC pay cures are part of a portfolio of subsurface considerations in setting horizontal well landing strategy.
- Haily Beem, GRC Product Owner
Products: Using the Women’s Health App, Android or iPhone users can personalize an avatar with the ability to log any concerns. This app spreads awareness of preventive care by encouraging self-breast exams as well as keeping a pulse on their overall well-being.
Presentation Title: Undressing the Stigma on Women’s Health
There is a shortage of products in the market today that properly address the needs of women’s health. The Women’s Health Mobile Application is a holistic, personalized health tool for women to take ownership of their health and well-being, with an emphasis on preventive care. With a focus on breast cancer prevention and early detection this app has empowered women to take control of their health through guidance and monitoring in a comfortable and intuitive style.
- Katie Pizzolato, IBM Q Network Global Client Lead
- Sarah Sheldon, Research Staff Member, Experimental Quantum Computing
Presentation Title: Learn how to code a quantum computer in 15 minutes
Curious about what quantum computing is, how quantum computers are used today and how we will potentially use them in the future? Join us to learn the answers to these questions and watch an interactive demo showing how to program a quantum computer. While traditional computers are restricted to interpreting zeroes and ones in off/on states, quantum computers have access to far greater computation states—opening up a new world of computation possibilities.
Friday, September 28 | 9:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. (Repeat)
- Chaitrali Joshi, Platform Application Engineer
- Diana Shea, Senior Demo Engineer
- 5G Response Time will include a ball bearing on a tilt-table demo that shows how 5G low latency enables mission critical apps and makes new experiences possible. Low latency matters for controlling robotic devices and 5G will make a great difference in leveraging AI over wireless networks.
- AI Experience will include 4D simulation car. AI learning driving habits via Project Cars 2 VR Simulation. Apply Machine Learning/AI to analyze, provide recommendations based on patterns and movements.
- Drone Cage – Guests will understand how Intel drones acquire large amounts of data, and how the technologies at the Olympics will shape the future. Guests
experience the drones and software used for choreographing Olympic light shows and inspections. Immersive VR game.
Presentation Title: Intel 5G, the future of communications
5G is more than just a next for wireless communications but will open our world to a new realm of connectivity and intelligence. Intel is a leading architect and solution provider making 5G a reality. Unlock new amazing experiences on billions of connected devices thanks to the low latency that 5G enables. Phones, gaming, drones and even robotic devices respond near instantaneously. Watch this example of how this tilt table reacts to course correct faster than 4G to prevent the marble from falling over.
- John Stone, Senior Vice President, John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group
- Ganesh Jayaram, Vice President, IT
- Virtual factory tour
- Digital twin area
- Display/receiver/monitor showing
Presentation Title: Digitalization You Really Care About!
Explore why the ‘T’ in IoT from John Deere can weigh more than 10 tons and how they spend time taking care of your food.
- Emily Ching, Principal Software Engineering Lead
- Don Box, Technical Fellow
- Amanda Song, Program Manager
Products: HoloLens, Xbox Inclusive Tech Lab, Visual Search, Microsoft Soundscape, Quantum Computing, Office 365, Microsoft Education
Presentation Title: Unlock people in completely new ways – Windows Mixed Reality & Real Time Presentation Translator
Machine perception, powered by AI, is allowing devices to see, hear, and perceive the world. Mixed Reality is blurring the lines between the real and virtual. Together these technologies are enabling products and solutions that unlock the potential of people and organizations in new ways. In this demo, we will showcase the new age of machine translation to bring people closer than ever before. Then we will offer a new reality experience with inside out 6DOF virtual reality headsets and controllers.
- Jean English, SVP and Chief Marketing Officer
- Kim Weller, Sr. Manager, Global Accounts
Products: Virtual Reality mini games playfully highlight storage trends for flash, cloud, and hyper-converged infrastructure. NetApp will highlight how our Active IQ framework processes 70 billion data points daily – with the help of cloud and machine learning – to deliver a customized and intelligent customer dashboard.
Presentation Title: Data Visionary: Changing the World with Data
Join NetApp’s Jean English, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, who will bring her bold perspective on the importance and urgency of thriving with data. Jean will talk about how Data Visionaries harness the power of data and use it for better business outcomes that have the power to change the world with data. You will learn more about NetApp’s Data Fabric, a unique approach to accelerating digital transformation by simplifying and integrating data management that is built for our data-driven world.
- Orion Ifland, Manager, Engineering
- Erin Krengel, Sr. Engineer
Products: Nordstrom technology and the customer experience
Presentation Title: Stylist Know-how + Machine Learning = Great Looks
Retail is quietly transforming as the online world interweaves with physical stores. Learn how Nordstrom continues to innovate the shopping experience as we highlight Looks, a service that connects customers with stylists in a scalable way.
- Gretchen Alarcon, Group Vice President, Oracle Human Capital Management Strategy
Products: Oracle Database In-Memory provides aggregations at the speed of thought. State-of-the-art optimizations implemented in scans, joins and aggregations enable Oracle Database In-Memory to run queries at the astounding rate of billions of rows per second for each CPU core.
Virtual Reality headset — enter a world of data visualizations based on live data from an Oracle Database leveraging Oculus Rift+Touch. Users interact with their surroundings to change visualization types, manipulate data, update the database, and see the changes in real-time on Oracle Analytics Cloud. Augmented Reality walks you through the use of AR to provide a Virtual showroom in your home.
Presentation Title: Imagine Tomorrow, Today as you Engage your Employees with Oracle HCM and Adaptive Intelligence
AI, Machine learning, Decision Science IoT… There’s a lot of buzz in the marketplace about how these technologies will change our lives. But how does this apply to business applications? Learn how Oracle is applying these and other innovations to provide simple, but powerful SaaS applications to make work more human.
- Artiona Bogo, Blockchain Business Development Manager
Products: SAP Digital Boardroom – 55” self-standing touch screen TV, 2 VR headsets
Presentation Title: Bringing Blockchain to the Enterprise
Discover the relevance of Blockchain in an enterprise context. Learn what the Blockchain and programmable economy is all about and how to approach this new technology. Hear about the most promising Blockchain use cases across industries and how the technology will drive new, innovative solutions that you can harness to solve everyday problems.
- Tabitha Creighton, Vice President of Product Management – PLATO
Presentation Title: PLATO: A Software Company in a Bank!
Banks aren’t the stodgy places to work they used to be. With their global reach, diversity of customers, and impact on the global economy, they’re at the forefront of technology as a service. Tabitha Creighton, VP Product at Scotiabank, is part of the Platform Organization (PLATO) – a software company within Scotiabank – leading the way in banking transformation, using a product-driven approach. Open-sourcing development, partnering with other software companies like Google and running their business like a software company are just three ways PLATO is the future of Banking. PLATO puts customer needs first by way of self-serve features and a collaborative approach to creating new products.
- Risa Feng, Interactive Engineer
- Natasha Weinstein, Lens Partner Production Lead
Product: Snapchat App
Presentation Title: Lenses on Snapchat: Augmented Reality at Your Fingertips
Each day, over 70 million Snapchatters explore augmented reality in the Snapchat camera. We’ll walk you through Lenses— the AR experiences overlaid on the Snapchat Camera, and Lens Studio — the tool that allows you to create your own AR experiences on Snapchat. In this session, you’ll learn more about Snap’s approach to building and democratizing augmented reality, our growing community of Lens creators, and follow a live Lens Studio demo.
- Manish Jindal, Group Vice President – Wireless Research & Development
Presentation Title: The Future of Connectivity
The subscriber of 2025 will need seamless, ultra-fast, ultra-reliable connectivity on any device (laptop, phone, car, tablet etc.) wherever they go. There will be new experiences and revenue channels that will appear on Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and gaming – with billions of devices connected to the internet and to each other. The presentation will outline how these services and connections will come together and how Charter is leading the way in providing this unprecedented link to the world for all our customers, and why we are the place to be.
- Jen Aprahamian, Developer Educator
- Lizzie Siegle, Developer Evangelist
Presentation Title: Talk and Text: 2 Twilio APIs in Under 20 Minutes
- Cecile Alper-Leroux, Vice President of Human Capital Management (HCM) Innovation
- Maria Tsai, UltiPro Perception Quality Assurance Engineer
Products: UltiPro products – Perception and Concepts
Presentation Title: Improving and Understanding the Employee Experience with UltiPro Perception
Building great workplaces and great work experiences is essential to engaging, retaining, and motivating employees. The first step in building those workplaces is understanding what employees care about so that you can take action to improve their work experiences. UltiPro Perception offers a modern way for collecting and understanding employee feedback—providing a rich, conversational relationship with your workforce.
The Walt Disney Company
- Mindy Wilson, Show Design & Production Operations Executive
Presentation Title: Walt Disney Imagineering: Technology Behind the Magic Walt Disney
Imagineering is the creative force behind every Disney park, resort hotel, cruise ship, and product – including all published books, licensed merchandise, and games. Imagineers focus on the power of storytelling, and combine imagination and ingenuity with cutting-edge technology, to create unforgettable experiences. But Imagineers never use technology for its own sake; rather, it’s used as a powerful tool to create more immersive environments that bring iconic stories and beloved characters to life.
For Pandora – the World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort, Imagineers designed and constructed massive floating mountains, created a ride system that makes you feel like you’re on the back of a living, breathing banshee, and developed a one-of-a-kind lifelike robotic figure.
Hear from Mindy Wilson, Show Design & Production Operations Executive, as she shares a behind the scenes glimpse of the design process and innovation behind the Na’vi – Shaman of Songs.
|Wednesday, September 26||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Thursday, September 27||9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Friday, September 28||9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
Technology Showcase Booths
|The Walt Disney Company
|Western Digital Corporation
Rules & Regulations
Read more on Rules & Regulations.
- The Technology Showcase Booth is available for purchase by:
- Corporate Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Sponsors
- Government Platinum and Gold Patrons
- The Technology Showcase Booth cannot be larger than the sponsor’s Career Fair Booth.
- The products displayed must be manufactured, produced, or created by the sponsoring organization.
- The Technology Showcase Booth is used to highlight and promote the sponsor’s technology innovations. It shall not be used for recruitment or sales purposes.
- The Theater Schedule Time Selection Process is based on the following criteria:
- Sponsorship Level
- Date of Agreement
- Sponsors will select their top five presentation times. We will notify you of your confirmed time.
- Any handouts given out during the presentation must be directly relevant to the products/technologies being presented.
- All company swag must be distributed at the Technology Showcase Booth.
Read more on Presenter Guidelines.
- Each presenter must be registered to attend GHC 18. Additional speaker registrations are not included int he Technical Showcase sponsorship.
- Up to three presenters are allowed on stage per sponsor.
- Presenters must commit to the time slots that have been allocated by AnitaB.org.
- Presenters must arrive 15 minutes before their talk begins.
- Presenters must adhere to the submitted presentation description.
- Presenters are required to attend the rehearsal to test the products, equipment, and internet bandwidth, if applicable. Rehearsal schedules will be provided in the presentation confirmation letter.
Read more on Technical Guidelines.
- Slide template: GHC 18 PowerPoint template from AnitaB.org. You must use this template in its entirety for your presentation. The template link will be provided to you in the presentation confirmation letter. You may add your company logo as long as you do not remove the GHC logo.
- Audio/Visual equipment provided: LCD projector, screen, lectern, wired lectern microphone, three wireless lavalier microphones, wireless standing microphone. You may order additional AV equipment (which will be charged to the sponsor). Onsite Audio/Visual requests cannot be accommodated.
- Presenters need to upload presentations to the Speaker Ready Room (SRR) system. Instructions will be provided in the presentation confirmation letter.