The 2020 Student & Faculty Scholarship application period is now closed. To be notified when our 2021 Scholarships open, please fill out the Interest Form.
We will notify applicants regarding decisions in early May.
The GHC Scholars Program provides funds for women who are either undergraduate students, graduate students, or faculty to attend our Celebration. Women who get selected as scholars gain access to career and academic workshops, networking opportunities, and memories that will last a lifetime.
Questions? Email us at GHCScholarshipContact@AnitaB.org.
Student and Faculty Scholarships include:
- Individual Registration.
- Hotel accommodations.
- Roundtrip airfare.
- Stipend (to be used for travel, meals, and incidentals such as rideshares, baggage fees, etc.).
- Must be at least 18 years of age by September 29, 2020.
- Must be a full-time student enrolled in an accredited degree program at a college, university, or high school at the time of applying.
- Must be a full-time student enrolled in an accredited degree program at a college or university at the time of the Celebration (September 29 — October 2, 2020). Those graduating prior to the Celebration are not eligible unless accepted to another related degree program (such as a M.S. or Ph.D. program).
- Show satisfactory progress toward a degree such as, but not limited to, computer science, computer engineering, or a related technical discipline such as electrical engineering, human-computer interaction, math, physics, or management information systems.
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in computing.
- Cannot have been an AnitaB.org-GHC Scholar in 2019.
- Must be teaching at an accredited college or university at the time of the conference. We do not award scholarships to High School teachers, as the conference does not provide programming for K-12.
- Must teach in a degree program such as, but not limited to, computer science, computer engineering, or a related technical discipline such as electrical engineering, human-computer interaction, math, physics, or management information systems.
- Cannot have been an AnitaB.org-GHC Scholar in 2019.
What We Are Looking for in a Scholar
- Women who are active in their community, including being involved/supporting with campus computing/STEM clubs and working toward the advancement of women in computing.
- Women who have an understanding of how attending GHC will have an impact on them and any messages or key learnings they take back to share at their schools and community.
- Faculty Scholars who mentor female students.
Who can apply for a scholarship?
We offer two types of scholarships – Students and Faculty. You must be a student at the time of applying and also be a student during the Celebration.
When will my recommender be contacted to submit my recommendation, and how can I check it was submitted?
An email to your recommender will be send within 30 minutes of your providing their information within the application. You will also be able to check the status of the recommendation by logging back into your application.
I am graduating in May or will no longer be a student in September. Can I apply for a scholarship?
The GHC Scholarships are only available to those still enrolled in a university during the Celebration (September 2020). Consider looking into other opportunities to attend.
How do I book my travel for GHC?
All scholars will book flights with the AnitaB.org contracted partner. Further instructions will be provided if you are selected to receive a scholarship. You will not need to pay for your flight; AnitaB.org will pay our contracted partner directly. If you book your flight yourself, you will not be reimbursed for this expense.
What dates should I plan to be in Orlando?
We highly recommend arriving in Orlando on Tuesday, September 29 and not departing prior to Saturday, October 3. This will allow you to take advantage of all of the GHC events.
Can I book my flight to arrive prior to GHC or stay a few days after GHC?
Yes! AnitaB.org is happy to accommodate these requests, as there is no additional expense associated with this request. You are required to be in Orlando throughout September 29 – October 3, but we do understand some will want to take advantage of all that Orlando has to offer. Any costs associated with your extended stay will be at your own expense.
Do I have to make my own hotel reservations?
AnitaB.org provides hotel rooms to all scholars. If you decline to use the AnitaB.org-provided hotel and choose to book your own accommodation, you will not be reimbursed for this expense.
The check-in for AnitaB.org-provided hotel rooms will be for Tuesday, September 29 and check-out for Saturday, October 3. If you need hotel accommodations before or after those dates, you must book the additional nights on your own. The GHC Scholarship Program cannot do this for you.
Notification of your hotel assignment will be sent in early September.
Will I have a roommate? Can I choose my own roommate?
Most student scholars will be assigned a roommate, unless you are bringing a child with you or have indicated a specific need on the stage 2 application. Although you cannot choose a specific roommate, we do consider certain factors and requests to ensure our scholars feel safe and comfortable with their room assignment. Faculty scholars will not have a roommate.
Do I have to purchase a GHC registration?
AnitaB.org will register you for GHC. You will receive a confirmation email by early August 2020.
What will the travel stipend cover?
Scholars will receive a travel stipend as part of their scholarship. The purpose of the stipend is to cover GHC-related costs only, such as baggage fees, taxi/rideshare/shuttle costs, and meals. Note: The stipend cannot be used for travel-related expenses to GHC, including visas. International scholars must pay for their visas at their own expense but will be allocated funds in their stipend to help supplement the visa cost.
Are there any events specifically for scholars?
There will be a GHC Scholarship Networking Event, the time and date for which will be confirmed at a later date.
Who can I contact if I have more questions about GHC Scholars?
Please email the Scholarships Team at GHCScholarshipContact@AnitaB.org and we will respond in a few days.
Who can I ask to submit a recommendation on my behalf?
We only accept faculty recommendations from full-time: Lecturers/Non-tenure track, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, or Professors. We do not accept recommendations from supervisors, mentors, or teaching assistants.