vGHC WOMEN IN BOOT CAMP SCHOLARSHIP
The 2020 Women in Bootcamp Scholarship application period is now closed. To be notified when 2021 Scholarships open, please fill out the Interest form.
BOOT CAMP SCHOLARSHIP
AnitaB.org produces Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) in collaboration with the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). GHC is the world’s largest gathering of women technologists. Those who attend GHC gain access to career and academic workshops, networking opportunities, inspirational role models, and memories that will last a lifetime!
For 2020, GHC is going virtual!
To increase access for women from alternative tech programs such as boot camps and coding schools, AnitaB.org is providing a limited number of scholarships that cover the cost of attending Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration 2020 (vGHC 20) which includes registration.
Please read the eligibility criteria carefully as we will not be able to make exceptions. Be sure to also check out our Frequently Asked Questions below.
Questions? Email us at GHCScholarshipContact@AnitaB.org.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by September 29, 2020.
- Must demonstrate a desire to work in tech.
- Must be able to attend all days of the Celebration.
- Must reside in the United States or United States territories.
- Must identify as having at least one of the following:
- A completed certificate from an alternative tech program (e.g., coding boot camp or other accelerated coding program).
- Being currently enrolled in an alternative tech program.
- Cannot accept more than one award to attend vGHC.
- Must not be a current college student or faculty member.
- Must not have been an Untapped Pathways Grant Recipient in 2019.
What are we looking for in a vGHC Boot Camp Scholar?
- Applicants who can demonstrate how their past and current work or life experiences have shaped their desire to enter tech.
- Applicants who can demonstrate how attending vGHC will have a positive impact on their career trajectories in tech and/or their communities.
Note: If you receive a vGHC Boot Camp Scholarship and do not notify AnitaB.org that you cannot attend the Celebration, you will not be eligible in future years as this takes an opportunity away from another individual that could have attended.
Please note that as a U.S. based organization, we must comply with all applicable U.S. laws and regulations, including those regarding financial transactions with certain countries and individuals. We will contact you if these laws and regulations affect your complimentary registration/grant or if we require more information to make such a determination. You may obtain additional details regarding the laws and regulations referenced above by visiting this website.
Have a question about scholarships? View our FAQ.
- Can I transfer my registration to someone else?
No, the registration can only be used for vGHC 20 regardless of the circumstance.
- I am a woman in tech, but do not identify as any of the racial/ethnic groups listed. Can I still apply for the complimentary registration?
At this time, given the limited amount of complimentary registrations available, we are focusing on specific groups that are both underrepresented in the tech industry and at Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration. We are working on further expanding to include additional groups that are underrepresented in the tech industry and persons with disabilities in order to continue providing targeted services and programming in the future.
- I identify as a transgender woman. Am I eligible to apply if I meet the other criteria?
- Can I apply for this scholarship if I applied to be a vGHC speaker?
Yes, you may apply.
- If I received a student or faculty scholarship to attend GHC before, am I still eligible to apply?
Yes, having received a scholarship in a prior year does not disqualify you from applying.
- Can I apply for both the vGHC Scholars and vGHC Women in Boot Camp Scholarship?
No, eligibility criteria is different for both. If you qualify for vGHC Scholars, then you do not qualify for vGHC Women in Boot Camp Scholarship.
- Who can I contact if I have more questions about vGHC Women in Boot Camp Scholarship?
Please email the Scholarships Team at GHCScholarshipContact@AnitaB.org and we will respond in a few days.