vGHC 20 Women of Color in Technology Complimentary Registration
Women of Color in Technology Complimentary Registration
Applications are now closed.
At AnitaB.org, we are always looking for ways to increase diversity in tech and to support those who are under-tapped in the tech industry. That is why we created the Virtual GHC Women of Color in Tech Complimentary Registration Initiative, providing women of color who are under-tapped in the tech industry an opportunity to attend Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration (vGHC), build their networks, and gain knowledge and resources. Please read the eligibility criteria carefully as we will not be able to make exceptions.
Be sure to also check out our Frequently Asked Questions below.
Questions? Email us at OrgTransformation@AnitaB.org.
Individual Registration for the Celebration.
- Must identify as a woman from any of the following groups that are underrepresented in tech: African American, Black, Native American, Alaska Native, Latina, Hispanic, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander.
- Must demonstrate a desire to work in tech.
- Must at least be able to attend the Celebration from Wednesday to Friday.
- Must identify as one of the following:
- Faculty or staff in K-12 or higher education institution.
- Student (if under 18, must be accompanied by a chaperone).
- Government employee.
- Individual working for a nonprofit.
- Individual who is currently not employed.
- Individual working for a startup company (for the purpose of this application, a startup is defined as a company that has been running for no more than five (5) years regardless of how many employees).
- Individual working in for-profit.*
*If your company is a Sponsor or Partner organization, please connect with your manager for available opportunities to attend vGHC.
What are we looking for in a Virtual GHC Registration Recipient?
- Applicants who can demonstrate how their past and/or current work or life experiences have shaped their desire to enter tech.
- Applicants who can demonstrate how attending Virtual GHC will have a positive impact on their career trajectories in tech and/or their communities.
Note: If you receive a complimentary registration and do not notify AnitaB.org that you cannot attend the Celebration, you will not be eligible in future years as this takes an opportunity away from another individual that could have attended.
Please note that as a U.S. based organization, we must comply with all applicable U.S. laws and regulations, including those regarding financial transactions with certain countries and individuals. We will contact you if these laws and regulations affect your complimentary registration/grant or if we require more information to make such a determination. You may obtain additional details regarding the laws and regulations referenced above by visiting this website.
- Can I transfer my registration to someone else?
No, this registration is not transferable. If you are unable to attend, you must notify OrgTransformation@AnitaB.org.
- Can I use my registration for another year?
No, the registration can only be used for vGHC 20 regardless of the circumstance.
- I am a woman in tech, but do not identify as any of the racial/ethnic groups listed. Can I still apply for the complimentary registration?
At this time, given the limited amount of complimentary registrations available, we are focusing on specific groups that are both under-tapped in the tech industry and at Grace Hopper Celebration. We are working on further expanding to include additional groups that are under-tapped in the tech industry and persons with disabilities in order to continue providing targeted services and programming in the future.
- I identify as a transgender woman. Am I eligible to apply if I meet the other criteria?
- Can I apply for this registration if I applied to be a GHC speaker?
Yes, those who applied to be a GHC speaker can also apply for this registration.
- If I received a scholarship to attend GHC before, am I still eligible to apply?
Yes, having received a scholarship in a prior year does not disqualify you from applying.