With just a little over a week left until #GHC15, the AnitaB.org staff has some helpful advice as you start packing and planning for your trip to Houston. Check out these tips to make the most out of your time at GHC!
- Plan your schedule now, so you don’t miss out on any opportunities at the conference. Check out the online schedule or the conference agenda in the GHC mobile app. Find sessions you’re interested in and save them to your personal schedule. This year, we’re introducing Clusters to help you navigate our expanded programming. Clusters group together similar tracks so you can explore sessions related to your favorite topic while expanding your horizons.
- Get ready to network! You’ll have tons of chances to meet fellow attendees at sessions, meetups, receptions, lunchtime table topics and the Career Fair. Practice your “elevator pitch” so you can quickly highlight what makes you special. And don’t forget your business cards and resumes!
- Bring comfy shoes! The George R. Brown Convention Center is huge, and you’ll probably be walking a fair amount, and if you’re attending the Career and Community Fairs, you’ll be standing for extended periods. Save your feet and leave the high heels at home.
- Stay involved. Keep the GHC spirit alive after leaving Houston by visiting the Community Fair. You’ll find all the ways you can give back and stay connected with the AnitaB.org community. At the AnitaB.org Booth, you can sign up for ABI.Local and Systers, and learn about our other programs like Top Companies for Women Technologists. Our alliance partners and nonprofit sponsors will also have booths and tables set up for you to visit.
- Have fun! After all, GHC is a celebration. Spice up your schedule by attending meetups and parties, especially Friday Night Celebration featuring a dance party at Minute Maid Park. We will feature an extra surprise at the dance party this year! Also, save some room in your bag for the swag that our 200+ sponsors will give away to celebrate women technologists. .
For even more tips from AnitaB.org staff, check out our Tumblr.