AnitaB.org is writing women into computing history. Thousands of women throughout the world are leading technology innovation. They often go unnoticed and unrewarded. AnitaB.org has created a set of awards to honor the significant contributions of these technologists. . In October 2014, their extraordinary accomplishments will be recognized by the community of women in technology at the Grace Hopper Celebration in front of 6,000 conference attendees coming from more than 50 countries.
The women who have won the prestigious ABIE Awards have succeeded in industry, government, and the academic world (and some of them in all three areas!). Past winners include Fran Allen, Christine Alvarado, Shikoh Gitau, Margaret Martonosi, Alice Pawley, Ann Quiroz Gates, Mary Lou Soffa, and Lisa Pruitt.
Awards are public acknowledgment of success and excellence. They provide visibility to the honored individual as well as for their organization. Award winners serve as role models for women entering or progressing in the field. Nominate someone today!
- The Technical Leadership ABIE Award recognizes women technologists who demonstrate leadership through their contributions to technology and achievements in increasing the impact of women on technology. The recipient is invited to give a presentation on her work and accomplishments at the conference.
- The Social Impact ABIE Award recognizes individuals who have made a positive impact on women, technology, and society.
- The Denice Denton Emerging Leader ABIE Award recognizes a junior faculty member for high-quality research and significant positive impact on diversity.
- The A. Richard Newton Educator ABIE Award recognizes educators for developing innovative teaching practices and approaches that attract girls and women to computing, engineering, and math.
- The Change Agent ABIE Awards celebrate the accomplishments of rising women in technology from outside the United States, with an emphasis on developing countries, whose work results in social, cultural, and/or behavioral change.
Laisser un commentaire
Vous devez vous connecter pour publier un commentaire.