PALO ALTO, Calif.–(Marketwired – Feb 17, 2016): AnitaB.org, a nonprofit organization focused on the advancement of women in computing announces the Call for Participation (CFP) and scholarship applications are open for the 2016 Grace Hopper Celebration for Women in Computing (GHC), which will take place in Houston, Texas on Oct. 19-21, 2016.
« GHC is, at its core, a reflection of the work and passions of our global women technologists, and participation from this community is essential to the success of the conference, » said Mona Sabet, Vice President and General Manager of GHC. « I look forward to seeing the wide range of innovative topics that our community wants to share at GHC 2016. »
AnitaB.org is looking for technical and professional sessions to fill several main clusters:
- Technology – Sessions covering trends in artificial intelligence, computer systems engineering, data science, human computer interaction and more.
- Products A to Z – Sessions on the many crucial functions of the product lifecycle, beyond software development, that are critical to successful execution.
- Emerging Technology – Sessions covering exciting new technology like the Internet of Things and wearable technology.
- Open Source – Sessions that discuss Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) development.
- Career – Sessions for every career stage – general, faculty and students.
- Organizational Transformation – Sessions on tracking organizational workforce data, cultivating productive and diverse teams and creating a company culture of inclusion, among other topics.
- Posters – GHC hosts a general poster session as well as the ACM Student Research Competition.
Read more about GHC’s call for participation, including a step-by-step guide to submitting a proposal, here. The CFP closes on March 30, 2016.
AnitaB.org also encourages students and faculty interested in attending the conference to apply for a GHC Scholarship. Last year, over 500 students and faculty members attended GHC thanks to a scholarship, which covers conference registration and other related costs. Learn more about how to apply for a GHC Scholarship here. Scholarship applications close on March 30, 2016.
About the Grace Hopper Celebration:
The 2016 Grace Hopper Celebration, the largest gathering of women in computing in the world, expects 15,000 attendees this year. The conference, held in Houston, Texas, takes place October 19-21, 2016. GHC features leading technical speakers, career development sessions, awards, a poster session, a hackathon and the industry’s largest career fair for women in computing. Read about the impact of GHC here.
AnitaB.org for Women and Technology (ABI) connects, inspires and guides women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. Founded in 1997 by computer scientist Anita Borg, our reach extends to more than 65 countries. We believe technology innovation powers the global economy, and that women are crucial to building the technology the world needs. AnitaB.org is a not-for-profit 501(c) 3 charitable organization. For more information, visit anitab.org.
Follow AnitaB.org on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Laisser un commentaire
Vous devez vous connecter pour publier un commentaire.