Get Involved as a Reviewer
Interested In Helping Shape GHC?
One of the most important parts of GHC is you, our volunteers! Over 500 volunteers give their time to reviewing, recommending, and selecting content for GHC programming each year. Your participation supports women and non-binary technologists through community, professional development, and inspiration.
The Reviewer Application is open now through March 31, 2023.
Reviewers will use their subject matter expertise and familiarity with current trends and needs to help shape GHC 23. Volunteers ultimately support thousands of women and non-binary technologists from around the world through CFP submission and Scholarship application reviews. The tentative list of responsibilities is as follows:
- Review CFP session submissions or scholarship applications.
- Attend one 60-minute virtual orientation. (Meetings are likely to be scheduled between the hours of 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Eastern Time. Recordings will be available.)
Why Get Involved
Volunteering with AnitaB.org as a CFP reviewer offers many tangible and intangible benefits, including:
- Opportunity to help shape GHC programming, identify scholarship recipients, and ultimately support thousands of women and non-binary technologists from around the world.
- Learn more about conference calls for proposals and submission review process.
- Network with and learn from a global community of volunteers.
- 25% discount on GHC 23 registration.
Who Should Apply
We aim to have GHC volunteers that represent the talent and rich diversity of our community. We welcome volunteers of all levels and backgrounds. Volunteers may be students, interns, early-, mid-, or senior-career, or entrepreneurs/founders.
We are looking for passionate leaders familiar with current trends, interests, and needs of women and non-binary technologists.
- AnitaB.org volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must be able to attend meetings and complete assignments as listed in the Key Responsibilities and Tentative Timeline sections.
- Track Reviewers: Applicants should have at least two years’ experience in their chosen GHC subject area from the Subject Matter Expertise section.
- Scholarship Reviewers: Applicants may not be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students at 2- or 4-year institutions.
- Previous experience reviewing conference submissions is a plus.
Track Reviewer Subject Matter Expertise
GHC 23 track reviewers will support the review of session submissions across approximately 14 tracks. We’re looking for CFP volunteers with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in one or more of the areas below.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Systems
- Data Science
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Extended Reality (VR/AR/MR), Media, and Gaming
- Human Computer Interaction
- Open Source
- Non-Traditional Tech/Emerging Tech
- Product Management
- Public Interest Tech
- Software Engineering
- Wednesday, February 1 – Applications open (Get a notification when the application opens)
- Friday, March 31, 8 p.m. Eastern Time – Applications close
- Week of April 10 – Application status notifications sent
- Friday, April 21– Position acceptance deadline
- Week of April 24 – Orientation/Training
- May 1-May 29 – Review submissions (heavy workload, self-paced)
- September 26-29 – GHC 23!
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 31, 8 p.m. Eastern Time. Contact email@example.com with questions.