Health and Safety Info
Policies and Event Terms to Control the Spread of COVID-19 AND OTHER VIRAL COMMUNICABLE DISEASES
Your Health and Safety is our top priority
We are excited to be In-Person for the Grace Hopper Celebration 2022 (“GHC 22 Event”) for the first time in three years! To ensure everyone has equitable access to the experience, we have instituted policies to safeguard the health of all individuals who attend (“Attendees”). Attendees are required to abide by all Health and Safety Policies and Terms in exchange for the opportunity to attend the In-Person event, AnitaB.org reserves the right to update these Policies and Terms at any time without notice.
Proof of Vaccination or Negative PCR Test Required
To procure your badge and enter the GHC 22 Event, Attendees will be required to use the CLEAR App to verify COVID status. The CLEAR app will be used to confirm your compliance with our COVID policies. A passing “GREEN” indicator will serve as your proof of vaccination OR a negative PCR COVID-19 test administered within the 48 hours prior to the 1:00 pm ET, September 19 opening of onsite registration. No self-administered tests, including home PCR tests, will be accepted.
N95 or KN95 Masks Required
All Attendees will be required to wear N95 or KN95 masks in all AnitaB.org controlled spaces. Masks will be provided upon Attendee request. Note that public, private, or common spaces within the OCCC and hotel spaces are not AnitaB.org controlled and masking might be optional, depending on the current policies of the OCCC, hotels or private event hosts.
Come Healthy; Stay Healthy
COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, and one of many transmissible diseases that might be circulating within the population. To protect the health of other persons with underlying medical conditions (like chronic lung diseases, heart conditions, diabetes, smoking, etc.), those pregnant and recently pregnant, and older adults are at increased risk for severe illness, Attendees who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not attend the AnitaB.org 2022 Grace Hopper Celebration (“GHC 22 Event”).
By attending the GHC 22 Event, you agree to comply with all health and safety policies, and you confirm that you are not:
Experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.gov, including:
- · Fever or chills
- · Cough
- · Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- · Fatigue
- · Muscle or body aches
- · Headache
- · New loss of taste or smell
- · Sore throat
- · Congestion or runny nose
- · Nausea or vomiting
- · Diarrhea
- · In contact with or have been in contact with, someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 10-day quarantine
- · Under any self-quarantine orders
Other Health Protection Policies
To further safeguard Attendees health, we recommend Attendees follow a no-contact protocol and use of the provided facilities to sanitize hands.
- · Avoid Contact Assist in minimizing disease transmission by minimizing physical contact. Elbow bumps are a great alternative to handshakes.
- · Hand Sanitizer Stations We will have hand washing facilities and/or sanitizing systems easily accessible to everyone throughout the GHC 22 Event.
Physical Security and Safety Measures
To protect Attendees physical safety, the GHC 22 Event works with security partners, venue security teams, and local law enforcement to plan and implement security measures aimed at best mitigating risks to the general safety and well-being of all attendees. If you see or experience a physical threat to yourself or others, witness any suspicious activity or encounter an emergency situation, please call 911 immediately and notify the nearest security personnel.
These Event Terms Apply to All Attendees – Read them Carefully
BY ATTENDING THE GHC 22 EVENT:
- · You acknowledge that attending the GHC Event is of value to you and that you accept the risk of being exposed to viral communicable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 in order to attend. Therefore, you have chosen to accept the risk of exposure to such diseases and agree that you are personally responsible for your safety and actions while attending the GHC 22 Event;
- · You, for yourself, your family, successors, and assigns hereby forever release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue AnitaB.org, its board of directors, board members, officers, agents, servants, affiliates, employees, successors, and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by you related to any viral communicable disease, including COVID-19, while participating in any activity associated with the GHC 22 Event; and
- · You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, and/or liabilities (including attorney fees) arising either directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to bodily injury, death, loss of use, monetary loss, or any other injury from or related to your attendance at the GHC 22 Event specifically related to COVID-19 or any other viral communicable disease.
COVID-19 WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ATTENDING THE GHC 22 EVENT
- · The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic and is very contagious.
- · Like other viral communicable diseases, COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
- · AnitaB.org shall take and will continue to take all reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of viral communicable diseases such as COVID-19, but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure; and therefore, in choosing to attend the GHC 22 EVENT you acknowledge that you are assuming a risk that you may be exposing yourself to viral communicable diseases such as COVID-19 and any and all associated potential health risks.
Consult your Resources
We strongly encourage all Attendees to visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/ to become familiar with and adhere to the current Florida State Covid-19 and United States Center for Disease Control (“CDC”) website to review current orders and updated information.
Thank you for your compliance with the GHC 22 Health and Safety Policies and Event Terms. Please direct questions to GHC@AnitaB.org. We look forward to spending a safe and healthy time with you at the GHC 22 Event!
Thank You to Our Partners
GHC is produced by AnitaB.org and presented in partnership with ACM.
All rights reserved. The brilliant mark, AnitaB.org, and Grace Hopper Celebration are registered trademarks of AnitaB.org. All other logos, brands, trademarks, and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. All company names used are for identification purposes only