Nominations opened today for the 2014 GHC ABIE Awards. Submissions can be made at anitab.org/awards-grants/. Winners will be honored by the community of women in technology at the annual Grace Hopper Celebration in front of approximately 6,000 conference attendees coming from more than 50 countries.
At AnitaB.org, we celebrate and highlight the success of women technologists. Through their achievements and life stories, the ABIE Award winners demonstrate that each of us has the power to improve our world, individually and collectively.
Awards are public acknowledgment of success and excellence. They provide visibility to the honored individual as well as for their organization. Award winners serve as role models for women entering or progressing in the field. Nominate someone today!
- The Technical Leadership ABIE Award recognizes women technologists who demonstrate leadership through their contributions to technology and achievements in increasing the impact of women on technology. The recipient is invited to give a presentation on her work and accomplishments at the conference.
- The Social Impact ABIE Award recognizes individuals who have made a positive impact on women, technology, and society.
- The Denice Denton Emerging Leader ABIE Award recognizes a junior faculty member for high-quality research and significant positive impact on diversity.
- The A. Richard Newton Educator ABIE Award recognizes educators for developing innovative teaching practices and approaches that attract girls and women to computing, engineering, and math.
- The Change Agent ABIE Awards celebrate the accomplishments of rising women in technology from outside the United States, with an emphasis on developing countries, whose work results in social, cultural, and/or behavioral change.