Technical Executive Forum (TEF)
The Technical Executive Forum (TEF) will be held virtually in conjunction with the 2020 Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration (vGHC) on Tuesday, September 29, 2020.
One of the most important ways we move the AnitaB.org mission forward is through our connections to C-Suite executives via the Technical Executive Forum (TEF), for they each have tremendous power over their company’s strategic direction and how resources are allocated. Through extensive analysis of the role C-level executives play in catalyzing systemic change, in particular for executive sponsors of DEI initiatives and HR leaders charged with implementing them, we have determined that one of the most challenging aspects of actualizing DEI values remains an exercise in transforming aspirations into actual day-to-day practices that are operationalizing DEI with policies, which are then translated into business processes and procedures.
TEF is a long-standing program at GHC, and this year we are offering an interactive, online session focused on catalyzing systemic change by transforming DEI values into organizational policies. Therefore, we cordially invite top leaders from our partner companies with policymaking and budgetary authority to join us for an exclusive workshop led by workforce futurist and corporate trainer, Dr. Terri Horton.
We know that those at the executive level have the highest possibility to affect change for women technologists. At TEF, high-level executives are invited with a focus on technology leadership. Designees should have the following credentials:
- Leadership Role – You are a C-level executive (e.g., CEO, COO, CTO, CIO, Chief Scientist), a top company leader with P&L responsibility overseeing a sizable number of women technologists (e.g. EVP, SVP, President), or a C-level executive with authority over DEI initiatives (e.g., Chief People Officer, CHRO, or CDO).
- Leadership Authority – You have policymaking and budgetary authority over how your organization attracts, retains, and develops women technologists.
- Commitment to DEI – You are strongly committed to DEI and are willing to leverage your influence to advance DEI goals within your organization.
- When is TEF?
TEF will take place during the week of GHC. TEF will fall on Tuesday, September 29, 2020, from 11:35 a.m. - 1:35 p.m. PT.
- My designee is not a C-level Executive, however, based on the structure and naming conventions of our organization, they are the best person. They have the responsibility of a C-Level Executive without the actual title. Can we still register them for TEF?
We ask that each participating Partner company register C-Level Executives within the parameters of the nomination criteria. As AnitaB.org research shows, organizational change starts at the highest level.
- How many Executives can each partner company send to TEF?
Your partnership level determines how many designees you may send to TEF. Please vary the executives that attend TEF by registering both DEI and technical executives. Supporting Partners may send two executives and Pioneering may send three executives to TEF.
- We have a member of the AnitaB.org Board of Trustees and/or a member of the TEF Organizing Committee at our company/organization. Do those count toward our total count of TEF Nominations?
No. The allocated number of executives allowed from each Partner company does not include AnitaB.org BOT members.
- Do TEF Participants have to register for GHC?
Yes. TEF Participants must be registered for GHC. There is no additional cost to attend TEF this year, and each TEF participant will receive a full, complimentary vGHC 20 conference pass (vGHC registration link) upon completing the TEF registration form.
- Is TEF available for both AnitaB.org Partners and GHC Sponsors?
No. TEF is an invite-only event for AnitaB.org Partners and limited special guests only, not sponsors (though many of AnitaB.org Partners are also sponsors).
- Are TEF Participants able to attend GHC?
Yes. Each complimentary general registration pass allows TEF participants the ability to attend the full conference. This full conference access includes TEF, the GHC keynotes and other open sessions depending on the executives’ schedules.
- When do TEF Participants need to register?
Complete the TEF registration form by September 29, 2020. Once the form is complete, AnitaB.org will follow up with a conference registration.
- Can we see the TEF Participant List pre-TEF?
The TEF Participant List will be emailed to TEF participants prior to the event.
Confidentiality is extremely important to the integrity of our program – we do not publicly disclose the names of TEF Participants on our webpage.
- Will my exec be expected to speak and/or facilitate a panel?
TEF Participants are expected to actively engage with their peers, thought leaders and experts in the field, but are not required to speak or present.
- What is the dress code for TEF?