Technical Leadership Abie Award
The Technical Leadership Abie Award is our most prestigious award and celebrates a woman or non-binary technologist who led or developed a product, process, or innovation that made a notable impact on business or society. Eligible nominees must work on projects that require deep technical knowledge and must demonstrate a commitment to increasing the representation of women in technology.
- Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at Grace Hopper Celebration and invited to give a presentation on the main stage at GHC.
- The award winner will also have multiple speaking opportunities throughout GHC on their work and accomplishments.
- All-expense paid trip to GHC.
- Cash prize of $50,000.
Past winners of this award include:
- 2021 Winner: Dr. Nuria Oliver, Scientific Director of the ELLIS Unit Alicante and Co-Founder and Vice-President of ELLIS
- 2020 Winner: Dr. Lisa Su, CEO of AMD
- 2019 Winner: Dr. Fei-Fei Li, Professor, Computer Science Department, Stanford Co-Director, Stanford Human-Centered AI Institute
- 2018 Winner: Dr. Rebecca Parsons, CTO of ThoughtWorks