Call for Participation: Focus Areas and Formats
- Extended Reality (VR/AR/MR), media and gaming
- Artificial Intelligence
- Open Source
- Computer Systems
- Product Management
- Data Science
- Software Engineering
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Non-Traditional Technology
- Human Computer Interaction
ACM Student Research Competition
Undergraduate or graduate students submitting posters for GHC can opt to have their posters also considered for the ACM Student Research Competition . This competition offers a unique forum for undergraduate and graduate students to present their original research before a panel of judges. At GHC, there will be two rounds of competition.
Listen and Learn
More traditional format. One-way communication and does not involve a lot of audience participation.
- Examples include: Presentations, Lightning Talks, Featured Sessions, etc.
Participate and Share
This format involves the audience in some way.
- Examples include: Posters, Ask me Anythings, Panels, etc.
Engage and Connect
This format is designed to share information in an informal setting with high engagement between attendees and speakers.
- Examples include: Tech Meetups, Workshops, Mentoring Circles, etc.
This format requires personal development, entertainment, or relaxation activity. This format is an opportunity to share your personal hobbies.
- Examples include: Yoga, meditation, film your own movie, learn to paint, etc.