Interested in sponsoring? Click here.
Applications are closed. Thanks to everyone who submitted!
AnitaB.org PitcHER™ is powered by our sponsors:
On October 2, 2019, AnitaB.org will host the annual AnitaB.org PitcHER™ contest. This pitch competition will bring leading women entrepreneurs to Grace Hopper Celebration – the world’s largest gathering of women technologists – October 1 to 4 in Orlando, Florida, with the goal of supporting, encouraging, and providing new funding opportunities to these entrepreneurs.
We are looking for entrepreneurs from all industries who are leading early stage technology startups. The top 10 finalists we select to compete onstage at Grace Hopper Celebration will receive:
- Registration to Grace Hopper Celebration in Orlando, Florida.
- Flights to and from Orlando.
- Lodging during their stay in Orlando.*
The top 10 finalists will also compete for a total of $100,000 in prize money – to be split among the top three finalists and an Audience Favorite.
If we select you as a finalist, you must be available to travel to Orlando, Florida for the AnitaB.org PitcHER competition from October 1-4, 2019.
*Co-founders may have the opportunity to pitch with selected finalists, but will not have their registrations, flight, or accommodation costs covered.
Who Can Apply
- Executive Team: You (the applicant and, if selected as a finalist, the pitch presenter) must identify as a woman, be the founder of your business, and be part of the current executive team (e.g. the CEO or CTO).
- Stage: Your startup is in its early stage of development (seed): You have a minimum viable product (MVP), have conducted some pilots, and have gotten some user feedback. Revenue is not required.
- Funding: Your startup has raised less than $2 million in total funding including self-funding, friends & family, angel investors, grants, etc.
- Location: Your startup is based in the U.S. and serves the U.S. market (although it may also be international).
- Return of Capital: (For-profit startups only) Your startup provides compelling evidence that it will be profitable enough to reward investors for risk.
- Scale of Impact: (Nonprofit startups only) Your startup provides compelling evidence that it will have an impact that aligns with its mission.
Finalists will be selected based on a range of criteria, including:
- Innovation: What is new or innovative about your tech product or service?
- Impact: What positive impact does your business have for women and/or families and children?
- Business Model: (For-profit startups only) Your startup is “venture-scalable;” there is potential to grow into a billion-dollar venture.
- Theory of Change: (Nonprofit startups only) Your startup has a strong and clear theory of change; there is contextual knowledge of public policy, economics, and/or technology.
- May 6: Applications open
- June 3: Applications close at 5 p.m. PT
- June 24: Semifinalist notifications
- July 17: Final decisions sent out
Have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Thank You to Our Contributing Allies