Become a Speaker
The 2021 Call for Participation (CFP) is Closed.
So, you’re interested in speaking at vGHC 21. What should you do? We’ve created this guide to help you through the process.
Applying to Speak
March 3 – April 28, 2021
Prepare to apply.
- Learn all you can about AnitaB.org and the Grace Hopper Celebration.
- Review and select a Track.
- Pick a Session Format. Each session format has its own requirements. Be sure to review the submission requirements of your selected Session Format.
Complete your application by April 28, 5 p.m. PT.
- Important note: We do not grant extensions on this deadline. Please allow extra time to confirm your application is complete and submit.
Each of our submissions undergoes a rigorous review by highly qualified, passionate teams of volunteer reviewers. We pick reviewers for each track based on their deep understanding of topical areas. They come from large and small organizations, academic institutions, government labs, startups, and nonprofits.
We’re committed to ensuring that the GHC review process leads to high quality, credible, and diverse sessions. We review all submissions on a fair and evenhanded basis across all sub-disciplines.
- Each reviewer prepares her/his review independently of others looking at the submission.
- The committee organizes a discussion of the submissions, but only between reviewers who have already submitted a full review.
- Once all submissions receive their ratings, our conference leadership will design a well-balanced program that includes content to appeal to our diverse audience.
For more information about the review process and what the reviewers look for when reviewing your submission, please click here.
We will send all decisions via email in June. You will also be able to view the status of your submission by logging in to your Submission Account.
Note: In order to preserve the integrity of the process, we do not change these decisions once they are made.