Congratulations to our AnitaB.org PitcHER™ winners!
About the AnitaB.org PitcHER™ contest
The annual AnitaB.org PitcHER™ contest is a pitch competition brought leading women entrepreneurs to Grace Hopper Celebration – the world’s largest gathering of women technologists – with the goal of supporting, encouraging, and providing new funding opportunities to these entrepreneurs.
This year, we are looking for entrepreneurs from all industries who are leading early stage technology startups. The top 10 finalists will compete at Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration and will receive registration to attend Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration.
The top 10 finalists will also compete for a total of $100,000 in prize money – to be split among the top three finalists and an Audience Favorite.
If we select you as a finalist, you must be available for the virtual PitcHER™ competition from September 29 through October 3, 2020.
Who Can Apply
- Executive Team: You (the applicant and, if selected as a finalist, the pitch presenter) must identify as a woman, be the founder of your business, and be part of the current executive team (e.g. the CEO or CTO).
- Stage: Your startup is in its early stage of development (seed): You have a minimum viable product (MVP), have conducted some pilots, and have gotten some user feedback. Revenue is not required.
- Funding: Your startup has raised less than $2 million in total funding including self-funding, friends & family, angel investors, grants, etc.
- Location: Your startup is based in the U.S. and serves the U.S. market (although it may also be international).
- Return of Capital: (For-profit startups only) Your startup provides compelling evidence that it will be profitable enough to reward investors for risk.
- Scale of Impact: (Nonprofit startups only) Your startup provides compelling evidence that it will have an impact that aligns with its mission.
Finalists will be selected based on a range of criteria, including:
- Innovation: What is new or innovative about your tech product or service?
- Impact: What positive impact does your business have for women and/or families and children?
- Business Model: (For-profit startups only) Your startup is “venture-scalable;” there is potential to grow into a billion-dollar venture.
- Theory of Change: (Nonprofit startups only) Your startup has a strong and clear theory of change; there is contextual knowledge of public policy, economics, and/or technology.
AnitaB.org PitcHER™ FAQ
The eligibility criteria to apply to be a part of the annual AnitaB.org PitcHER™ contest are outlined on this page for your Executive Team, Stage, Funding, Location, Return of Capital, and Scale of Impact. This competition is sector agnostic; we welcome all entrepreneurs who are leading early stage technology startups and who meet the listed criteria to apply.
Applications close June 3, 2019, 5 p.m. PT.
On June 24, we will notify all applicants whether they have been selected as semifinalists. Semifinalists will need to participate in a 20-minute virtual interview in late June or early July. We will notify finalists via email on July 17.
1st Place — $35,000
2nd Place — $25,000
3rd Place — $20,000
Audience Favorite — $20,000