On September 27, 2018, AnitaB.org will host the inaugural AnitaB.org PitcHER™ contest. This pitch competition will bring leading women entrepreneurs to the Grace Hopper Celebration – the world’s largest gathering of women technologists – September 26 to 28, in Houston, Texas, with the goal of supporting, encouraging, and providing new funding opportunities to these entrepreneurs.
We are looking for entrepreneurs from all industries who are leading early stage technology startups, with the goal of empowering women and/or families and children. The top 10 finalists we select to compete onstage at the Grace Hopper Celebration will receive:
- Registration to the Grace Hopper Celebration in Houston, Texas.
- Flights to and from Houston.
- Lodging during their stay in Houston.*
The top 10 finalists will also compete for a total of $65,000 in prize money – to be split among the top three finalists and an Audience Favorite.
If we select you as a finalist, you must be available to travel to Houston, Texas for the AnitaB.org PitcHER competition from September 26—27 , 2018.
*Co-founders may have the opportunity to pitch with selected finalists, but will not have their registrations, flight, or accommodation costs covered.
Who Can Apply
- Executive Team: You (the applicant and, if selected as a finalist, the pitch presenter) must identify as a woman, be the founder of your business, and be part of the current executive team (e.g. the CEO or CTO).
- Stage: Your startup is in its early stage of development (seed): You have a minimum viable product (MVP), have conducted some pilots, and have gotten some user feedback. Revenue is not required.
- Funding: Your startup has raised less than $2 million in total funding including self-funding, friends & family, angel investors, grants, etc.
- Location: Your startup is based in the U.S. and serves the U.S. market (although it may also be international).
- Return of Capital: Your startup provides compelling evidence that it will be profitable enough to reward investors for risk.
Finalists will be selected based on a range of criteria, including:
- Innovation: What is new or innovative about your tech product or service?
- Impact: What positive impact does your business have for women and/or families and children?
- Business Model: Your startup is “venture-scalable”; there is potential to grow into a billion-dollar venture.
- May 31: Applications open
- June 30: Applications close
- July 13: Semifinalist notifications
- July 27: Final decisions sent out
Have questions? Check out our FAQ.