Congratulations on your GHC scholarship! Our scholarship program is competitive and you should feel proud of your selection into the 2019 cohort. Make sure you complete these next steps to ensure your attendance at GHC is a success.
Your Scholarship Grant
By accepting the scholarship, you will receive:
- Full registration for the four-day Celebration.
- Airfare arrangements (AnitaB.org will book and pay for your flight).
- Hotel accommodations for four nights, checking in October 1 and checking out October 5, 2019.
- AnitaB.org will book and pay for your room.
- Faculty will have their own room.
- Students will have a roommate.
- Stipend: The stipend, if used wisely, is meant to cover incidental travel costs such as meals, transportation to/from the airport, baggage fee, and the visa application fee for international scholars.
Next Steps: Complete “Stage 2” of Your Application
After you receive your scholarship acceptance email, please log into your application and accept or decline your scholarship by the date specified in the email.
More information on Stage 2 Applications
- Log into your application.
- Click on your To Do List and access your Stage 2 application.
- Complete Stage 2 questions, including uploading your profile picture and requests for services at GHC such as child care and hotel accommodations.
- Save and submit.
AnitaB.org will register you for GHC 19 in the summer.
Scholarships may not be transferred or deferred.
Note about U.S. Taxes: The U.S. government may consider the GHC Scholarship taxable income. We advise scholars to retain any receipts related to GHC travel (e.g. baggage fees, transportation to and from airports, meal expenses) in case you need them for tax reporting purposes. You can find more information here.
Join the Facebook Group
We invite all confirmed GHC 19 Scholars to join the official Facebook group, GHC Scholars. From announcements and updates to lively discussion, this is a great networking channel to build community with past attendees and fellow GHC 19 Scholars.
Do Not Book Travel Yet!
AnitaB.org will email you to help make travel arrangements this summer. Do not book travel yet! If you book your own flight, you will not be reimbursed.
Get Your Visa – International Scholars
Some scholars living outside the U.S. need to apply for a visa to attend GHC. If you require one, please apply as early as possible as it may take two to three months to receive a visa.
More information on Visa Request
We will provide those who accepted their scholarship with a visa letter of support for their application, but cannot offer any additional assistance. Please contact GHCScholarshipContact@AnitaB.org to request a visa letter of support.
For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
Hotel accommodations will be booked for four nights, checking in October 1 and checking out October 5, 2019.
More information on Hotel Bookings
Student scholars will share a room with another GHC Scholar. If you are bringing your child with you to GHC and can provide proof of travel for that child, you may request a single room.
Faculty scholars are assigned single rooms with no roommates.
If you wish to stay additional nights, these will be at your own expense. We highly recommend using Orchid.Events, the official housing company for GHC 19, to book your accommodations. For more information, please contact GHCHousing@orchid.events. Please note that we will not make these arrangements for you, and that you are responsible for additional fees for any extra nights.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question? Check to see if it’s been answered on our FAQ page.
If you have other questions, please email us. We look forward to meeting you in Orlando!