Applications are open from January 15 to March 4, 2020.
Click below to determine your eligibility and apply!
AnitaB.org produces Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) in collaboration with the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). GHC is the world’s largest gathering of women technologists. Those who attend GHC gain access to career and academic workshops, networking opportunities, inspirational role models, and memories that will last a lifetime!
To increase access for women from alternative tech programs such as boot camps and coding schools, AnitaB.org is providing a limited number of scholarships that cover the cost of attending GHC including: registration, accommodations, travel, and a stipend to cover meals and incidentals.
Please read the eligibility criteria carefully as we will not be able to make exceptions. Be sure to also check out our Frequently Asked Questions below.
Questions? Email us at GHCScholarshipContact@AnitaB.org.
- Individual Registration
- Hotel Accommodations
- Round Trip Airfare
- Stipend (to be used for travel, meals, and incidentals e.g., rideshares, baggage fees, etc.)
- We will provide the stipend when you pick up your badge at GHC.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by September 29, 2020.
- Must demonstrate a desire to work in tech.
- Must be able to attend all days of the Celebration.
- Must reside in the United States or United States territories.
- Must identify as having at least one of the following:
- A completed certificate from an alternative tech program (e.g., coding boot camp or other accelerated coding program).
- Being currently enrolled in an alternative tech program.
- Cannot accept more than one award to attend GHC.
- Must not be a current college student or faculty member.
- Must not have been an Untapped Pathways Grant Recipient in 2019.
What are we looking for in a GHC Boot Camp Scholar?
- Applicants who can demonstrate how their past and current work or life experiences have shaped their desire to enter tech.
- Applicants who can demonstrate how attending GHC will have a positive impact on their career trajectories in tech and/or their communities.
Note: If you receive a GHC Boot Camp Scholarship and do not notify AnitaB.org that you cannot attend the Celebration, you will not be eligible in future years as this takes an opportunity away from another individual that could have attended.
Please note that as a U.S. based organization, we must comply with all applicable U.S. laws and regulations, including those regarding financial transactions with certain countries and individuals. We will contact you if these laws and regulations affect your complimentary registration/grant or if we require more information to make such a determination. You may obtain additional details regarding the laws and regulations referenced above by visiting this website.
Can I transfer my scholarship to someone else?
No, the scholarship is not transferable.
Can I use my scholarship for another year?
No, the scholarship can only be used for GHC 20 regardless of the circumstance.
I identify as a transgender woman. Am I eligible to apply if I meet the other criteria?
Can I apply for this scholarship if I applied to be a GHC speaker?
Yes, you may apply.
If I received a student or faculty scholarship to attend GHC before, am I still eligible to apply?
Yes, having received a scholarship in a prior year does not disqualify you from applying.
Can I apply for both the GHC Scholars and GHC Women in Boot Camp Scholarship?
No, eligibility criteria is different for both. If you qualify for GHC Scholars, then you do not qualify for GHC Women in Boot Camp Scholarship.
Who can I contact if I have more questions about GHC Women in Boot Camp Scholarship?
Please email the Scholarships Team at GHCScholarshipContact@AnitaB.org and we will respond in a few days.