Braindates are interactive, attendee-driven, knowledge-sharing conversations designed to facilitate meaningful connections among GHC 23 attendees. It’s your chance to engage in individual or small group discussions with like-minded attendees on topics that interest you. Braindates offer a unique opportunity to collaborate, network, and make connections. Braindate at GHC 23 to celebrate and learn from a diversity of experiences.
How to Have a Meaningful Braindate
Braindates are not presentations, they are conversations that stem from a shared interest. Whether it’s an individual or group Braindate, keep the following 5 tips in mind to lead a meaningful meeting for everyone involved:
- Make sure everyone introduces themselves and contributes to the discussion.
- Ask your Braindate(s) what interests them about the topic.
- Be transparent and open about your own experience related to the topic: you don’t need to be an expert to lead a Braindate.
- Don’t forget: everyone has something interesting they can add to the conversation. Adopt a beginner’s mindset.
- Consider exchanging contact information. Many great relationships started with a simple conversation.
HOW TO: IN PERSON
HOW TO: VIRTUAL
The Braindate platform is continually updated with new topics, be sure to check back for additional topics of interest. If you have any questions or need assistance, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Navigate Braindate:
Explore the Topic Market: GHC attendees (and you!) post Braindate Topics here related to discussions they’d like to have with others during the celebration. You can send a Braindate invite to anyone to meet based on their topic!
Create Topics: post Braindate Topics about discussions you’d like to have with other GHC attendees. This is your opportunity to share your knowledge, experiences, and expertise!
Book your Braindates: send invitations to meet other GHC attendees to discuss their topics and accept the invitations you receive. Braindates will take place virtually or on-site at GHC 23 in the Braindate Lounge located in the Connection Zone. (OCCC – Hall WB4)
Braindates can be booked during the following times:
September 26: 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm ET
September 27: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm ET
September 28: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm ET
September 29: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm ET
How to Get Started:
2. From the home page of the event platform or app, navigate to “Braindate”.
3. Once Braindate launches, you’ll need to “Manage your preferences”. Choose your notifications and privacy settings, and review and commit to the Braindate Code of Conduct. Click confirm to continue.
4. Next, click the gray circle in the top right corner to navigate to “View Your Profile” in the drop-down menu.
5. Click the “Edit My Profile” button and fill in the desired fields and hit “Save”.
6. To dive into the world of Braindate, simply click on the “Market” icon in the top navigation. Here, you can explore existing topics, create your own, and connect with fellow participants!