2021 Students and Faculty
Further your career and education
Scholarship Applications are Now Open!
2021 Students and Faculty
AnitaB.org produces Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) in collaboration with the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). GHC is the world’s largest gathering of women technologists. Those who attend GHC gain access to career and academic workshops, networking opportunities, inspirational role models, and memories that will last a lifetime!
For 2021, GHC will be virtual!
Eligibility for Faculty
- You must be teaching at an accredited college or university at the time of the celebration. We do not award scholarships to High School teachers, as the celebration does not provide programming for K-12.
- You must teach in a degree program such as, but not limited to, computer science, computer engineering, or a related technical discipline such as electrical engineering, human-computer interaction, math, physics, or management information systems.
- If you receive a scholarship and do not notify AnitaB.org that you cannot attend prior to the celebration, you will not be eligible in future years as this takes a scholarship away from another faculty that could have attended.
Eligibility for Students
- You must be a student who identifies as women or non-binary, enrolled in an accredited degree program at a college, university or high school at the time of applying.
- You must remain a full-time student enrolled in an accredited degree program at a college or university at the time of the celebration (September 2021). Those graduating prior to the celebration are not eligible unless accepted to another related degree program (such as a M.S. or PhD program).
- Show satisfactory progress toward a degree such as, but not limited to, computer science, electrical engineering, human-computer interaction, math, physics, or management information systems.
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in computer science.
- You must be at least 18 years of age by September 25, 2021.
Applications open on March 24 at 9 a.m. PT and close on April 28 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
To welcome undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty who could not otherwise attend the Celebration, AnitaB.org is providing a limited number of scholarships that include complimentary registration to Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration 2021 (vGHC 21) and other benefits.
Note: If you receive a vGHC 21 Scholarship and do not notify AnitaB.org that you cannot attend the Celebration, you will not be eligible in future years as this takes an opportunity away from another individual that could have attended.
Please note that as a U.S. based organization, we must comply with all applicable U.S. laws and regulations, including those regarding financial transactions with certain countries and individuals. We will contact you if these laws and regulations affect your complimentary registration/grant or if we require more information to make such a determination. You may obtain additional details regarding the laws and regulations referenced above by visiting this website.
Have a question about scholarships? View our FAQ.
- Can I transfer my registration to someone else?
No, the registration can only be used for vGHC 21 regardless of the circumstance.
- I am a woman in tech, but do not identify as any of the racial/ethnic groups listed. Can I still apply for the complimentary registration?
At this time, given the limited amount of complimentary registrations available, we are focusing on specific groups that are both underrepresented in the tech industry and at Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration. We are working on further expanding to include additional groups that are underrepresented in the tech industry and persons with disabilities in order to continue providing targeted services and programming in the future.
- I identify as a transgender woman. Am I eligible to apply if I meet the other criteria?
- Can I apply for this scholarship if I applied to be a vGHC speaker?
Yes, you may apply.
- If I received a student or faculty scholarship to attend GHC before, am I still eligible to apply?
Yes, having received a scholarship in a prior year does not disqualify you from applying.
- Can I apply for both the vGHC Scholars and vGHC Women in Boot Camp Scholarship?
No, eligibility criteria is different for both. If you qualify for vGHC Scholars, then you do not qualify for vGHC Women in Boot Camp Scholarship.
- Who can I contact if I have more questions about vGHC Women in Boot Camp Scholarship?
Please email the Scholarships Team at GHCScholarshipContact@AnitaB.org and we will respond in a few days.