AnitaB.org is committed to delivering an incredible Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration and to serving our global technology community. In preparing to host 39,000 attendees at vGHC, it became clear that we would not be able to deliver the Career Fair to the standard that we have in years past and therefore, we decided to scale back our scheduled activities. We sincerely apologize for the last minute changes as we know you need the Career Fair, now more than ever, during these unprecedented times – but we have identified an alternative plan forward.
Below are some key updates:
For vGHC 2020 Career Fair:
- Thank you for affording us the time to ensure we serve all of our attendees as our first priority. Now that we’ve had a moment to consider the impact on the communities we serve based on data, we’ve developed an equitable solution for the Career Fair registrants who are overwhelmingly students.
- All Career Fair only attendees will be upgraded to the Student admission, giving them access to this year’s full vGHC programming plus 2 months of vGHC ON DEMAND content. We thank you for your patience as we developed the optimal strategy to support you.
- This week, portions of the Career Fair will remain including the 9/29 session for furloughed and out of work attendees from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. PT. There will also be additional networking sessions between individuals and select companies on 9/30 – 10/2 from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. PT.
- We also added hundreds of previously unscheduled face-to-face interactions among attendees based on vGHC tracks. More details to come.
- Attendees can still engage with Sponsors at any pre-arranged 1:1 interviews and scheduled networking lounges.
For vGHC 2020 programming:
- All scheduled Keynotes, Featured Sessions, Panels and Presentations will be live streamed at their currently scheduled time.
- We now have unlimited viewing capacity for Keynotes, Featured Sessions, Panels, and Presentations.
- Our 200+ sessions will be made available post-conference ON DEMAND for the first time. Attendees will be able to watch all keynotes and sessions for two months at your convenience.
- Networking sessions and workshops will convene as planned, allowing for deep dives and personal interactions with attendees.
In addition to what we are able to offer this week, the AnitaB.org “complete” Career Fair experience will occur before the end of 2020 and we will update everyone with details as soon as possible.
Attendees will receive login information and additional details no later than 9/28. And thank you, once again, for your support.