Show Features at GHC 23
GHC 23 Event Platform & App
Whether you’re attending in-person or virtually, the GHC 23 event platform and app provide a seamless way to manage your agenda, view live stream and on-demand sessions, foster connections with fellow attendees, and actively engage with Sponsors and Patrons.
Ready to get started? Learn how to access the event platform and mobile app.
GHC 23 Open Source Day
Kick off the festivities by joining us for GHC 23 Open Source Day on September 22! Participate in this pre-GHC virtual event dedicated to hacking and exploring the Open Source community. Dive into a diverse range of topics, from Linux Kernel Hacking to Natural Language Processing, Technical Project Management with GitHub, and more. Each project offers a distinct chance for participants at every level to expand their technical skills and knowledge base.
Career Fair & Expo
The Career Fair & Expo is a chance to connect directly with GHC 23 Sponsors & Patrons. Visit their profile to learn more about their organization, and book in-person and virtual 1:1 meetings and group meetings. These meetings with GHC 23 Sponsors and Patrons are limited. Starting Sept 22 at 9 am ET, the limited booking window opens and attendees may book up to 10 meetings. On Sept 26 at 9 am ET, the unlimited booking window opens and attendees have the ability to book additional meetings while supplies last.
Attendees joining the celebration in Orlando can also visit Sponsor and Patron booths in the Expo to make invaluable connections. Get a head-start when you join us for the Expo Preview at 4:30 pm ET on Sept. 26! Unlock the GHC 23 Career Fair Experience: Follow these steps to log in now!
Ensure your resume is up-to-date before GHC 23 kicks off. The AnitaB.org Job Board & Resume Database is an influential hub for women and non-binary tech enthusiasts seeking job prospects in the industry. With hundreds of organizations having access to your resume, including GHC 23 Sponsors and Patrons, make sure to upload your resume prior to the show. To do so: first create a Free Membership account with the same email address used for your GHC registration, which will then be upgraded to a Premium Membership.
Join us for an experience that transcends boundaries and illuminates the path ahead! With an impressive array of 14 tracks, 6 session formats, and 350 sessions, there’s something for everyone. Explore featured speakers, and plan your agenda with this comprehensive list of sessions and descriptions.
All sessions are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. In-person attendees are encouraged to take advantage of the new queuing rooms on-site—a designated area where attendees line up prior to sessions.
- Keynote & Featured Sessions
Immerse yourself in the heart of GHC 23 as we present captivating Plenary and Featured Sessions. Let our theme, “The Way Forward,” guide your journey through thought-provoking discussions and inspiring talks like “A Moderated Conversation with Janelle Monáe”.
- Breakout Sessions
- Lectures | Explore cutting-edge technology, delve into best practices that drive success, and gain insights into shaping your career trajectory in our GHC 23 lectures. Connect with industry leaders, expand your knowledge, and elevate your expertise.
- Lightning Talks | During these distilled 15-minute talks, industry experts will share views on technology, best practices, and career topics. Don’t miss this opportunity to absorb concentrated knowledge, get inspired by fresh ideas, and accelerate your learning journey.
- Panels | Join thought-provoking discussions and hear aha-moments from industry experts in these dynamic panel sessions. Topics range from emerging tech trends to career advancement strategies.
- Level Up Labs (In-person Only) | Embark on a journey of skill enhancement and knowledge enrichment with our immersive Level Up Labs. Further develop existing skills, or learn new ones. Please review the session details for any possible prerequisites and setup guidelines. Bring your questions – Level Up Lab facilitators are here to guide you every step of the way!
- Career Conversations | Beneath the achievements of every accomplished technologist lies a network of mentors, sponsors, and like-minded individuals supporting one another and exchanging valuable insights. Career Conversation sessions will feature a brief presentation followed by interactive Q&A sessions intended to fast-track your career journey.
- Networking Receptions (In-person Only) | Connect and socialize with fellow technologists who share your identity or affinity during our on-site Networking Receptions. Enjoy light refreshments, while fostering valuable connections that contribute to the advancement of the tech industry.
- Networking Sessions (Virtual Only) | Virtual Networking Sessions are tailored for connections with other technologists who resonate with your identity or affinity.
Step away from sessions and take the opportunity to introduce yourself to new faces and foster fresh connections at the Connection Zone in the Expo Hall. Immerse yourself in the AnitaB.org Live Studio, drop by a Local Community or Systers Group in the Community Lounge, set up a Braindate with other GHC attendees for engaging conversations, and meet select speakers during Speaker Meet & Greets. Find us at OCCC – Hall WB4 for a space designed for networking and interaction.
- Braindate | Are you eager to expand your network and make valuable connections during GHC 23? Engage in Braindates – insightful knowledge-sharing discussions you can schedule with fellow attendees. These one-on-one or small group conversations take place virtually or in person at the Braindate Lounge located within the Connection Zone. Braindates provide an optimal environment for brainstorming, sharing expertise, and exchanging experiences while making connections. Discover more about Braindate and find out how to kickstart your Braindate experience!
- Speaker Meet & Greets / Speakers Corner | Get up close and personal with the brilliant minds shaping the tech industry! In-person attendees have the opportunity to meet, converse, and take a photo with the speaker. Similarly, virtual attendees can visit the Speakers Corner to connect directly with GHC speakers. Check the agenda for more details on Speaker Meet & Greets and Speakers Corner sessions.
- Community Lounge | Visit the Community Lounge to meet and join AnitaB.org Local Communities and Systers Groups. Meet Community and Systers leaders and members who will share valuable insights about their groups including events, activities, and networking opportunities. Volunteers will be on hand to help attendees join a Local Community or Systers Group on the spot!
- About AnitaB.org Local Communities: Expand your network by joining an AnitaB.org Local Community. Women and non-binary technologists share best practices, inspirations, tips, and ideas and support our community. Meet technologists near you to share resources, find (or become) a mentor, and attend local events. Virtual GHC attendees can find and join their AnitaB.org Local Community here.
- About Systers: Systers hosts 20 different affinity groups where women technologists can connect with and offer support to members of their self-identified cultures. Systers welcomes women of all ages and at any stage of their studies or careers. Systers was originally developed as an electronic mailing list for women working in computer science. Today it continues to provide a private, safe online space for women involved in all technical aspects of computing to grow, learn and succeed. Virtual attendees can join the Systers Discord channel here.
- AnitaB.org Live Studio | AnitaB.org Live Studio is the hub to connect virtual attendees with what is happening live at GHC and provide an intimate setting for in-person attendees to relax and listen as we chat with Keynote, Featured, and Community speakers.
- AnitaB.org On Demand Studio | The AnitaB.org On Demand Studio hosts GHC 23 session recordings featuring distinguished speakers and sponsors. Both virtual and in-person registrants can access these recordings at their convenience during the event and up to 60 days after. Opening and Closing Plenary, Featured Sessions, Lectures, and Panels will be available on demand but are subject to change. Check the session descriptions in the agenda to learn if it’s the recording is available.
Immerse yourself in the world of innovation and the drive of women and non-binary entrepreneurs leading early-stage tech startups through the AnitaB.org PitcHER™ Competition brought to you in partnership with Backstage Capital. Exclusively held on-site at GHC 23, this competition promises attendees a front-row seat to witness electrifying pitch presentations, culminating in the announcement of winners on Sept. 27.
Tech Journey Challenge
The Tech Journey Challenge (TJC) is a matching donation campaign that aims to raise $200k+ in funding. For every tax-deductible donation made until September 30, Fortive will generously match it dollar-for-dollar up to $100k! TJC will fund program expenses, supporting the tech journeys of women and non-binary technologists.
GHC 23 attendees receive a complimentary 1-Year AnitaB.org Premium Membership with their event registration. If you are not currently a member, please create a Free Membership account now to gain access to the resume database and other services. Your account will automatically be upgraded to Premium Membership status so long as the email addresses used for the Membership Account and your GHC 23 registration match.
Will you be joining us in Orlando? If so, stop by the AnitaB.org booth and learn more about your membership benefits. Supercharge your career journey by leveraging AnitaB.org membership offerings like career coaching, leadership training, and mentorship – just to name a few.