vGHC EMEA Student Scholarships
Further your career and education.
Thank You for Your Interest!
vGHC EMEA Student Scholarships are Closed.
AnitaB.org is planning our first-ever Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration (vGHC) in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region and we are excited to offer Student Scholarships. To increase access for students*, AnitaB.org is providing a limited number of complimentary vGHC EMEA registrations to attend the Celebration. Women who get selected as scholars gain access to the AnitaB.org Premium Membership, networking opportunities, and memories that will last a lifetime.
* “Student” is defined as a person who is at least eighteen (18) years old and enrolled in a training institution (which includes educational organizations like boot camps and certificate programs) or an accredited public or private college or university on a full- or part-time basis in May 2021.
—Must demonstrate an interest in computer science and a desire to work in tech.
—Must be 18 years or older on May 25, 2021, and
—Identify as one of the following:
- Woman student enrolled in an accredited degree program at a college or university at the time of applying. Working toward a degree such as, but not limited to, computer science, electrical engineering, human-computer interaction, math, physics, or management information systems.
- Woman currently enrolled in a technical training program (e.g., coding boot camp or other accelerated coding program)
If awarded, the student will receive a complimentary vGHC EMEA registration and a complimentary Premium AnitaB.org Membership.
For more information on Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration EMEA, please visit: https://ghc.anitab.org/ghc-emea-home
Looking for more information about the scholarship? Send us an email at OrgTransformation@AnitaB.org
Applications close on April 19 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
Selected applicants will be notified the week of April 26-30.
Applicants should NOT register for vGHC EMEA on their own. If they are selected, the scholars will receive instructions on how to register.
If they are not selected, applicants will be able to register for the event as general attendees.
Please do NOT register until you receive a notification about your application.
Note: If you receive a vGHC EMEA Scholarship and do not notify AnitaB.org that you cannot attend the Celebration, you will not be eligible in future years as this takes an opportunity away from another individual that could have attended.
Please note that as a U.S. based organization, we must comply with all applicable U.S. laws and regulations, including those regarding financial transactions with certain countries and individuals. We will contact you if these laws and regulations affect your complimentary registration/grant or if we require more information to make such a determination. You may obtain additional details regarding the laws and regulations referenced above by visiting this website.
Have a question about scholarships? View our FAQ.
- Can I transfer my registration to someone else?
No, the registration can only be used for vGHC EMEA regardless of the circumstance.
- I identify as a transgender woman. Am I eligible to apply if I meet the other criteria?
- If I received a Student Scholarship to attend GHC before, am I still eligible to apply?
Yes, having received a scholarship in a prior year does not disqualify you from applying.